Saturday, March 3, 2012

Salmon Salad- Kicked Up!

I had a strange urge to make Salmon Salad today when I got home from work.  I think I was just in the mood for a simple, flavorful, protein rich lunch option.  I looked through my fridge and cupboards to come up with the ingredients.  I love the way it turned out.  There is so much crunch, tanginess, and just a hint of spice.  

I had mine on a slice of Chia Seed Bread made by my great friend and amazing baker, Anna- Daily Loaf, and topped it with a little slice of avocado. (isn't everything better with a little avocado?)













Ingredients:


1 can (7.5 oz.) of salmon
1 small can of water chestnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
1/2 cup mayo, yoghurt, or sour cream
1/8 cup of chopped fresh dill, chopped finely
3 scallions, chopped
6 radishes, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. capers, chopped
1 tsp. lemon juice
1-2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)


Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  That's it!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment