Monday, March 5, 2012

Lancaster Central Market

This past weekend John and I were in Lancaster visiting his family and after all the times I've been to Lancaster City, I finally got the chance to check out Lancaster Central Market.








Lancaster Central Market is located at 23 North Market Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Smack dab in the center of the city surrounded by dozens of shops, restaurants, and businesses.  It was a windy March morning, the air was chilling but the sun was warm.  






As soon as we stepped inside, the hustle and bustle of market-goers engulfed us.  There were so many delicious smells- fresh bread, a wall of spices, baklava, cheese pies, potted herbs, and fried chicken.  


I'm used to my local market- Renningers Farmers' Market, where you weave your way through old Dutchies, little kiddies, and claustrophobic stands of antiques.


My eyes where overwhelmed by the stands, produce, products, and people.  We got there late morning, so John grabbed me a tea and himself a coffee from Mean Cup, I also couldn't help myself when I passed the Lancaster Juice Company and bought myself a fresh beet, pepper, cucumber, and carrot juice.  John headed to The German Deli to pick up a 1/2 pound of sliced Bloodwurst (basically blood balogna) I tried it and admit it was delicious, not totally my style, but good none the less.





For lunch, John, his brothers, mom, and I scarfed down some delicious mahi tacos and lobster bisque from Mr. Bill's Seafood.  After the soup, I still had a little spot in my belly that needed to be filled (as usual) so I stopped by the nice ladies at Wendy Jo's Homemade and bought two of their "Healthy Cookies".  They were vegan and packed with oats, peanut butter, seeds, nuts, and dried fruit.  I ate them before I thought to get a picture of them.  But if I don't get back to Lancaster soon, I will have to try my hand at creating my own healthy cookie.








There was also this cute little duo performing outside the market.  We sat on a bench near by to eat our lunch and listen to them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment