Thursday, February 23, 2012

Smoothie of the Week

Smoothie of the Week

Every week I seem to get into a rhythm of making some sort of smoothie after yoga or running.  It's usually just a combination of things I have on hand.  I make mine with a stick blender right in the measuring cup that it came with.  I don't have a blender, so this works best for me, but use whatever means of blending that you have.

During the late summer months, it's great to plan ahead for the winter and try to freeze lots of fresh fruit.  Around me I have several orchards that have U-pick areas for blueberries, strawberries, peaches, cherries, and raspberries.  As hard as it is to keep from eating all of the fruit right out of the picking basket, I know I'll appreciate the storage in the middle of winter.

This week I made this beautiful mixture:




Ingredients:
A handful of frozen blueberries
1/2 of a ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
1/2 of a ripe avocado
1/3-1/2 cup of coconut water (add more if you like it thinner)
2 spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt or a splash of almond milk to keep it vegan


Now blend, blend, blend!

No comments:

Post a Comment