Friday, February 24, 2012

Mmmm.... Nut Butter

Ever since my amazing boyfriend, John, surprised me two weeks before Valentine's Day by buying me a Cuisinart, I haven't been able to stop dreaming up new recipes to use with it.
So far, I've been hooked on making nut butters.  They are so easy and extremely versatile.  The other week I made a big batch of chocolate almond butter- oh man, was that amazing.
This week I'm going for the ultimate combo of rich natural flavors.
Toasted Coconut Cashew Butter








First I used my toaster oven to toast about 1/3 cup of medium flaked unsweetened coconut.


I threw the coconut into the Cuisinart first.  Then came about 2 cups of raw cashews.  Blend for about 1 minute and scrape down the sides of the container.  It should look something like this after 1 minute:












Keep blending!
Another couple minutes it will start to ball up and look like this, but just keep going:












After a couple more minutes...









getting creamy!







Oh man!

Ta-da!  A thick and creamy nut butter made from scratch with only 2 ingredients!

I filled a small jar as a gift for my mama and the larger jar I'll have to have John hide from me so I don't eat it all with just a spoon.  If it sits on the kitchen counter, I find myself opening the jar and dipping my finger in every time I walk past.



No comments:

Post a Comment