Thursday, February 16, 2012

February chills

This week started off with a beautifully sunny and warm February Monday, the greenhouse was a balmy 70 degrees and felt oh so good on the skin after months of winter's chill.  Then, the rest of the week went back to a normal dreary, cloudy, cold,  and rainy winter.  But that didn't really matter much and I didn't let it get me the least bit down because I got to spend everyday of this past week in the greenhouse seeding ONIONS!!! And leaks and scallions!  The sweet and earthy smell of the greenhouse comes as a beautiful relief to winter's stale freeze.


The winter months can drag on and on- especially when we don't get any snow.  I love a little snow storm in the winter, to get snowed in, watch movies, go for a walk, and get cozy. The clouds can't seem to part to let in the tiniest amount of sunlight.  It has been a mild winter, but at this point, all I really want is spring.

February seeding: onions, leeks, and scallions.

A delicious way to wake up after a session of yoga.  There is nothing better than fresh juiced juice!  This morning I whipped up... carrot, celery, ginger, apple, pineapple, parsley, beet, and broccoli stalks.  Really, just whatever fruits and vegetables I can find in the ice box.  It's just so so good.

wide mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment